State & Main knows how important your privacy is to you and we are committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the services we provide. We comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA"), which requires us to provide this policy to you on request.
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a physical address, financial information and opinions expressed by an individual. As defined, "personal information" means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
1. What this policy covers This policy explains how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us to assist you in making informed decisions when using our services.
You can visit stateandmain.ca without telling us who you are or revealing any other personally identifiable information.~ During normal~Site usage, unless you tell us who you are or reveal any other personally identifiable information, we do not collect or store any personally identifiable information about you such as your name, mailing address, email address or phone number.~ The only information we collect and store during normal~Site usage is non-personally identifiable information such as the name of your internet service provider, the type of internet browser you used, the referring Web site, the pages you request and the date and time of those requests.~ We use this non-personally identifiable information to generate aggregate statistics regarding this Site's activity.
~ 2. Information collection and use When we collect personal information from you, we wish you to be aware of the following:
who we are and how to contact us:
that State & Main may collect your personal information to:
(i) provide information and consultation on State & Main franchises and franchisee opportunities; and
(ii) enter you in contests; and
(iii) provide entrants, at their option, to receive in emails from the Web site sponsor/Contest Sponsor or the Contest Sponsor’s agent(s); and (iv) provide e-Newsletters or emails to interested parties, at their option, from State & Main franchise brands.
Our organization will not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties, unless specifically authorized by you or as required by law.
Our Web site may collect non-personal information such as your network location (IP address), the pages you visit, time of visit, your operating system and browser, in order to generate Web site traffic reports. Our Web site~includes forms where you can voluntarily provide us with personal contact information so that we may follow up with you and provide additional information.
3. Our organization's obligations Pursuant to PIPEDA, stateandmain.ca meets our obligations with respect to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information by taking the following steps:
(i) information is restricted to the listed administrative contact and protected via appropriate hardware and software;
(ii) the Information Officer in all matters related with these Web sites can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org regarding compliance with PIPEDA;
(iii) our staff is aware of our policies and practices regarding personal information.
b) Identifying purposes We have identified the purposes for which we collect personal information in section~2 above. We require the consent of our clients/customers prior to using their personal information for any purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
c) Consent Our organization is committed to ensuring that you are aware of how your personal information is used and that you have consented to provide this information. Where required by law we may disclose personal information without your knowledge and consent.
d) Limiting collection Our organization collects personal information to fulfill the purposes stated in section 2 above. We collect personal information only by lawful and fair means.
e) Limiting use, disclosure and retention Our organization does not use and/or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless it has first obtained your consent. We retain your personal information for some period in order to answer any questions you may have about the services we provided to you.
f) Accuracy Our firm is committed to maintaining accurate, complete, and up-to-date personal information. If during the course of the business relationship, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes or use our Web site forms to update the information.
g) Safeguards To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, technological and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
i) Individual access You may request access to your personal information held by us. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access.
j) Challenging compliance If you wish to make a formal complaint about our privacy practices, you may make it in writing to our Information Officer. We are committed to resolving disputes in a timely manner. We will investigate your complaint and respond via email, fax or telephone.
4. Social Media Policy: Except where prohibited by law, voluntarily posting photographs, videos, comments or other material on social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) bearing the @stateandmain handle or one of our promoted hashtags ('Posted Content') such as, but not limited to, #ecmenu and #stateandmain, constitutes your allowance to State & Main of the non-exclusive right, but not the obligation, to utilize and display the Posted Content online (e.g., on our websites and social media pages). You understand that any such media may be edited in the sole discretion of State & Main. You agree not to take any legal action against, and release and discharge, State & Main, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates, or any other person or entity acting on its behalf, from all claims in connection with the use of the Posted Content as contemplated herein. State & Main page is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or any other third party.
5. Contact information The Information Officer, in all matters related with this~Site~can be contacted at: email@example.com or Tel. 403.263.4323. Fax: 403.263.0849 regarding compliance with PIPEDA;
6. General Inquiries For general inquiries about privacy legislation and policies in the private sector, you may contact:
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada 112 Kent Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1H3 Telephone: 1 (613) 995-8210 Toll-free: 1 800 282-1376 Fax: 1 (613) 947-6850 Web site: www.privcom.gc.ca
Our organization reserves the right to change this policy from time to time.